Geeklings Pageviews!

Monday 27 July 2015

For The Person Reading This In Ten Years Time...


It suddenly occurred to me today, after trying to persuade my mum that 'on fleek' was actually a phrase, that these slang terms will probably not be around in a few years. So I decided- just to freak the person reading this in ten years time (yes, I'm NEVER deleting this blog!)- to write down a few phrases or words which are popular right now, and they're urban dictionary definition. And then I can snuggle up to this post when I am older and reminisce/ feel embarassed at the post. 

On Fleek ~ ''The quality of being perfect, or on point i.e. Zayn Malik.'' 
(To the ten years older me reading this. Zayn Malik was a member of the band One Direction. YouTube it. Do you remember YouTube? You loved it.)    

On Point ~ ''To be perfect; to satisfy; whatever it was, it met the persons standards.''

Squad ~ ''Crew, posse, gang...''
Your group of friends basically. Funnily enough at one point you had a squad. They were awesome.

Squad Goals ~ ''an inspirational term for what you'd like your group of friends to be or accomplish...''

Swag ~ Ok, so we haven't got an urban dictionary definition for this one because it was just someone who obviously had a lot to get off their chest about the word swag. Basically it meant you were cool, and had style... You never had it. 

Bae ~ ''Used by people on the internet, meaning baby, sweetie, etc.'' 
You hated the word when it was popular- people used to use it to talk about their friends. I only used it with Sherl talking about Benedict Cumberbatch *cough* Benebae *cough*.

I Ship It ~ This is a fandom word, you used this one a lot actually. Mostly for book characters or random strangers you see in the street. ''Short for relationship, popularised in fanfiction circles.'' You were part of many fandoms... Many.

These were the main ones anyway. May do a part 2, comment if I should! Anyway, how's life ten years from now? Comment down below future me! Signed, Geekling. xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Georgia! I'm new in the blogging world and I was just wondering if you could give me some advice for how to make my blog look professional like how you got that G at the top and how you got the pageview count at the top of the blog. Thanks a lot (it's Bonbon btw) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonbon! If you click onto the design part of your blog (top right) and then choose the layout option on the left side (near the bottom) you can then upload an image to have a favicon (how I got the G in the tab of my blog) and then add a gadget called 'stats' which shows the pageviews for your blog. Hope I helped! Geekling. xxx

      Delete